The Yamaha YFL 382H flute with silver headjoint, open hole keys (French style keys), B-footjoint and in-line G Key is the new and improved version of the Yamaha YFL-381 H. The new model differs from the previous one by the newly developed and elegant-looking pointed key arms. The improved pads last longer and because of the further optimized production technology, the Yamaha YFL 382-H has an even longer life.
All 300 series flutes have a headjoint which is made entirely of sterling silver, which gives the flute a warmer, more powerful tone compared to the 200 series. Through the use of nickel-silver for the body and footjoint, the flute can be offered for a much lower price than the sterling silver models, with only minimal concessions in sound. Due to the excellent value for money, reliable reputation and high residual value, the YFL-382H flute is a safe choice.
The following features distinguishes the Yamaha YFL-382H from other models:
- The 382H comes with a B-foot. A B-footjoint is longer and has an additional key, which adds one note, the low B, to the range of the flute. The extra length of the flute gives it darker tone and offers a higher resistance in the upper registers. Also, the flute has a little more weight than the YFL 382 with C-foot.
- Advanced players often prefer to open key holes, as these offer more subtle control and flexibility of tone.
In-Line G Key
- All keys are placed in a straight line, as well the G key, which is moved slightly to the left in a lot of other models (ofsett G).
Sterling Silver CY Headjoint
- The headjoint of the Yamaha YFL-382H is made entirely of sterling silver. This material with a 92.5% silver content has a greater material density than the nickel-silver that is used for the 200 series. It therefore produces a warmer, more powerful sound. Due to the unique design of the embouchure, the flute provides excellent response and helps novice players to form a good sound quickly. Also the more experienced players will appreciate this headjoint, because of the quick response in both high and low registers.
Specifications Yamaha YFL 382 H flute:
- Headjoint and lip plate: sterling silver (.925)
- Body and keys: nickel silver (silver-plated)
- Footjoint: nickel silver (silver-plated)
- Open hole keys (French style keys)
- The YFL382H does not (!) have a Split E Mechanism
- In-line G configuration
- Yamaha CY headjoint
- Pointed key arms
- Drawn tone holes
- Yamaha Deluxe case and related cleaning products