Inheriting the many merits of top-of-the-line Yamaha handmade flutes, the YFL-617 offers a rich, nuanced tonality across a wide dynamic range.
The YFL-617 combines the brightness of nickel silver with the characteristic mellow timbres of sterling silver. It features Type Am headjoints (based on the Type A headjoints supplied with our handcrafted 900 and 800 Series flutes). The keys feature traditional pointed key arms, reflecting the highest level of craftsmanship and adding visual elegance to these outstanding instruments.
Type Am Headjoint
- Based on the Handmade Flute’s Type A design, which offers a wider expressive range, the Type Am headjoint additionally offers easier response and excellent balance over the instrument’s entire range, slightly heavier resistance, and a wide dynamic range.
Straubinger Phoenix Pads
- Straubinger Phoenix Pads offer the same concept as Straubinger Pads on our Handmade Flute, and have more suitable design for 700/600 series. The pads offer softer touch, but also superior response, wide dynamic range and tolerance of environmental changes same as Straubinger Pads.
Heavy Wall Thickness
- The thickness of the wall has been increased from 0.38mm to 0.43mm to improve balance for use with the new Type Am headjoint and the Straubinger Phoenix Pads.
- A special annealing process delivers more pure transmission of vibration from the player to the flute for rich resonance and superior response.
- The keys are hand-assembled and meticulously balanced for a perfect touch. And the key shapes have been so exquisitely designed and ergonomically placed that the flute will almost ‘disappear’ in your hands. Performances will feel effortlessly natural.
Pointed Key Arms
- A#, F# and other non-fingered keys feature pointed key arms. Found on Handmade Flute, their beautiful designs are inspired by traditional European styling.
- The case is compact for easy travel and durable to protect the flute, and is accompanied by a sophisticated case cover